On1 has been one of my most go to software plugin for post processing my images for many years. Version On1 Photo 10 is a significant and improved upgrade. I absolutely love the ease and total control that On1 Photo 10 affords me.
I was a little apprehensive at first about the modern interface in this latest version. But after only working with it for a very short while, I feel right at home and have embraced all of the new and improved features. In my honest opinion it totally Rocks!
Below is the official press release from ON1:
About ON1 Photo 10:
ON1 Photo 10 is a full-featured photo editor that works either as a plug-in editor to Adobe Photoshop® and Lightroom CC, or as a standalone application. ON1’s open system allows access to your photos no matter where they are stored: your computer, your network, or on cloud-based storage services. We support all of the key online storage services, including Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft’s OneDrive. ON1 Photo 10 works on both Mac OS X (10.9, 10.10, 10.11) and Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10), while Photo Via requires iOS 8. Version 10 supports Photoshop CC 2015, CC 2014, and CS6; Lightroom 6, 5, 4; Photoshop Elements 13, 12 and 11.
• A significantly improved Effects module. Filters respond faster than ever before and presets are easier to find and apply. New preset categories have been added for popular photography genres, and include settings for color grading and haze reduction. The Perfect B&W module has been fully integrated into Effects, which lets you apply any filter—including the popular Dynamic Contrast effect—to your monochrome images. Lastly, you now have complete control over the organization of your presets and preset categories, making it easy to customize Effects to work the way you want.
• Two-way syncing of photos between ON1 Photo 10 and mobile devices with our free Photo Via app for IOS. Photo Via lets you share albums, smart albums and folders of photos between your desktop and your iPad or iPhone using Dropbox or Google Drive. With Photo Via, you can search, rate and share photos easily from any iOS device, and have the metadata synced back to your desktop.
• Better and faster workflow tools for working with faces in the Portrait module. Find facial features quicker, even with side views or faces at an angle. Portrait is faster and better than ever. The new way of working with facial features makes it easier to retouch the areas you care about.
• Access to Resize from any module, which lets you use the photo enlargement features of Perfect Resize from any part of ON1 Photo 10. Sharpen, add a watermark, or create a gallery wrap when you want, without jumping to a different module.
• Color and tone controls that make sense. Use Enhance’s exposure adjustments, better color controls, and improved highlight and shadow recovery to make your photos pop before taking them into other editing modules.
• Browse’s new Smart Albums feature, which lets you put your most important photos—wherever they are—at your fingertips. You can even automatically publish your Smart Albums to your mobile device with Photo Via.
• A new export feature, which automates the process of creating photos for printing and sharing. Take a single photo, or a group of photos, and create whatever size and file format you need. Combined with our improved batch processing options, we make it simple for you to print, share and manage your photos without undue complexity.
Throughout ON1 Photo 10, you will find an improved user experience, with more responsive sliders, tools that won’t stick, and a user interface that is snappy, modern and easier to use. Most of ON1 Photo 10’s image processing algorithms utilize modern video cards (GPUs), providing better overall performance, a new sharing feature for posting photos directly to Facebook®, Twitter®, Messages®, Mail®, Flickr® and more.
Availability and pricing:
ON1 Photo 10 is available today and you can download the 60-day trial which is fully functional. Photo 10 has an introductory price of $109.99 for the full version (normally $119.99) and $89.99 for the upgrade (normally $99.99). For a limited time, ON1 Photo 10 is bundled with bonuses which include: “The Ultimate ON1 Photo 10 Training,” 10 in-depth video courses from Matt Kloskowski; and a Landscape Pro Preset Pack that includes 18 presets for Effects by Scott Davenport.